Fashion Friday - Style Crush #3 : Louise Pentland aka Sprinkle of Glitter


Previous Style Crushes - Paloma Faith & Kelly Osbourne

Many of you will know who Louise is, but for those who don't know, Louise/Sprinkle of Glitter is a Youtuber and Blogger. I adore her lady-like style and how she knows what works for her figure. She has one of the best personalities I have ever come across on Youtube and has a gorgeous family too! Who doesn't love Matt and Baby Glitter?!?! But what I am mainly focusing on is her style.



Louise isn't afraid of trying something new. From the pink dip-dyed hair to a bright yellow skirt that many of us wouldn't even dare to try, Louise wears and does whatever she likes.

"My body is not perfect. Some bits are quite excellent and some bits are a bit rubbish. On the whole though, it does OK and gets me from A-B (which is what people say about boring cars but I'm going somewhere with this I promise) and that's essentially all you need. If you have a healthy body that does what you want it to do, be very glad indeed. Doing things like dressing it in pretty clothes is just the cherry on the cake and should be embraced.I know from experience and from reading all your comments that it's quite hard to feel good about your physical appearance. Sometimes it takes a lot of guts to wear a particular pair of jeans or to put on a certain top. I hope this video shows curvy girls as well as slim, short, tall, all girls, that it is absolutely OK to play with styles and wear fun colours and go wild with patterns and bare your legs or arms or boobies (to within reason- ooer!). You don't have to be a cardboard cutout of a model to wear the clothes you want. You just need to find them in your size and put them on. At first you might feel a bit wobbly (excuse the pun) in things but keep going. I'm gonna let you in on a secret-The blue silky dress I wore on the tractor was a first time wear for me. I'd tried it on in my room and thought it looked OK but was still feeling pretty nervous in it. I decided to throw caution to the wind and wear it anyway since the only people seeing me in it were Matt, Darcy and Jack (and they don't count haha). Once I looked over the footage I had a little freak out and deleted some of it because I felt like the back of my legs looked yukky and I felt crazy vulnerable all of a sudden. I'm not going to give up on the dress. I'm going to wait til the weather is cooler and team it with skinny jeans or navy leggings or tights. I'm making it work for me.The point I'm making is that even some of the most confident people (and I'd class myself as almost worryingly confident!) have their battles, it's OK to feel a bit scared sometimes but it's good to remind yourself that you can make any clothes work for you if you have a little think and have the guts to give them a go. Big big big sparkly loves to you all you beautiful creatures. xxxxx"
- Louise from her Curvy Summer Lookbook 



She is such an inspiration for making people realise that you can wear anything you want no matter what your size. I have always had the mentality of 'I will wear whatever I want', but she is making that idea public. Many people have issues with thinking that can't wear something because it wouldn't look right, but Lousie is proving that you can wear whatever you want by tailoring it to your size/shape/style.







For me, she is proof that any size can wear anything. If something doesn't look right the first time, try it on with other items in your wardrobe. Be confident in what you are wearing. 
If you think you look good, then f**k what anyone else thinks!



Louise, a true style crush for me. I adore the outfits she puts together and her mentality towards fashion. Wear whatever you want and forget what others think. 
I am glad that there is someone like Louise that is able to make such confidence and postivity public. She has power to help many young girls understand that only your own opinions really matter about what you wear. 
Push yourself to try patterns, colours and styles that you might have thought wouldn't work. Louise does and looks incredible.

It's your style, trust your own opinions.

Thank you Louise.

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. First post I've ever read from your blog and it really makes me want to read through your whole blog. Plus your eyes are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Louise's style too! Her style is really girly, but she makes it look fun and not childish. I've wanted a pretty ballerina skirt since she posted about hers!

    Row Bow
    x
    What Row Chose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post. I absolutely ADORE Louise's style and love how she can pull of skater skirts. I recently did a similar post to this x

    ~Katy Summers (TeenageBlogger)

    www.splashofhiddenhappiness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete