Review - Real Techniques Sculpting Set



Contouring and highlighting are so popular now, that I am not surprised that Real Techniques have released a brush set to help you achieve the contoured/highlighted look. This set is a Collector's Edition, which means that this set is limited edition and that the brushes have a unique pink metallic/chrome finish, instead of the normal pink handles. This set contains 3 brushes, two from the permenant range and one that is a set exclusive. 
Just like every other Real Techniques brush that I own, these brushes are super soft, easy to clean, keep their shape after washing and are perfectly shaped/weighted for your hands.




The first brush is the Sculpting brush, which you can also buy on its own. This has a dense angled shape to help carve out those killer cheekbones, but it also fluffy enough to blend out at the same time, so that the contour looks like natural shading. The bristles of this brush are great for both powder and cream products, as they both blend out easily. I have also used this for my base, as it is perfect for buffing foundation into the skin. That is one thing I love about Real Techniques, the brushes can be used for so many things, not just what the brush is named for. 



Next in the set is the set exclusive Fan brush. This is really exciting for me, as I have always wanted a fan brush, but I have never found one that I liked. This fan brush is perfect for hitting the tops of those cheekbones with powder highlighter. I haven't tried it with cream highlighters, as I prefer to use my fingers with them. You can also use this brush for powder blusher, setting powders and for just removing eyeshadow fallout from your face (without having to create a mess!). For me, this brush is worth buying the set for. I kind of wish that you could buy it on its own though, just incase you already had the sculpting brush and setting brush. 



The Setting brush is the final brush for this set, and it is a great brush. I already own the setting brush in the normal pink handle, but I use it so often that I am so happy to have two! It is a fluffy brush that is tapered slightly, so that it fits into small sections of the face. It is designed for setting powders, so that you can set certain areas of the face, instead of overly mattifying your face with a large powder brush. I find that it is the perfect shape for under my eyes and around my nose, to set my concealer. I have also used my previous setting brush for highlighter and contour in the past. It's such a versatile brush, which makes it perfect for this sculpting set. 

Overall, this set is such a perfect set for transforming and sculpting the face. It has three brushes that are great for highlighting/setting/contouring, but also for many other purposes. I would 100% recommend this set for people who are new to contouring and for people who are pros at it, as these brushes make it so much easier and quicker to do. Plus, they look super pretty in my brushes pot!

Have any of you tried this set out?

Also, check out my previous Real Techniques blog post, where I show you my top ten brushes from the brand. 

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments