Brand Focus - Top Ten: Real Techniques Brushes


When anyone asks me about makeup brushes and what brand to buy, I always recommend Real Techniques. Real Techniques is a fantastic brushes brand, created by the very talented Pixiwoo sisters. The brushes come in sets and individuals, ranging from base to eye brushes. Recently, they also branched out into a more high-end/professional styled range called Bold Metals, which are all sold individually. 

In this post, I am sharing my favourite ten brushes from the whole of the Real Techniques brand. All of the brushes are amazing quality, super soft, easy to clean and dry really fast. 



My first brush is the 202 Angled Liner brush, from the Bold Metals range, which is quite expensive for makeup brushes from the 'drugstore'. This is the cheapest one from the Bold Metals range at £10. It is fairly expensive for a liner brush, but it is an amazing liner brush. Unlike the original RT line, these brushes are weighted so that they give you more control and comfort. Because of the way the handle is cut, these brushes won't roll off your dressing table either. This particular brush is great for gel/cream eyeliners and for applying eyeshadow along the lashline. I have also used it for applying brow powders through my brows, using short strokes, for a 'natural' brow look.



This is such a small brush, but very useful for all sorts of things. It's the Accent brush from the eye starter kit. I love using this for inner-corner highlight on my eyes, smudging/applying shadow on my lower lashline, pin-pointing concealer and for applying/blending lipsticks. I think this brush is often over-looked when it comes to the eye brush kit, but this is a firm fave for me. 



The base shadow brush is great for applying eyeshadow on the lid, which is what it is designed to do. I also do love to blend and apply shadow into the crease with this brush too. Another use for it can be to blend out concealer under the eyes. It's avaliable in the eye kit, but can also be found in other limited edition sets too. 



The deluxe crease brush is extremely fluffy and bigger than a normal crease/blending brush. I don't apply shadow in the crease of my eye with this brush, as it is too big, but I do like to blend out the edges of my eyeshadow looks with this brush. I have also used this to blend out my concealer, as it is the right size for under my eyes. Again, this is a part of the eye starter kit. 



This brush, the pointed foundation brush, is from the Core Collection. Now, I don't use this brush for foundation. I find that it is too small for applying foundation and I prefer to use buffing/stippling brushes for my foundation anyway. I really like to use this brush for concealer, liquid/fluid blushes, liquid highlighters and for smoothing on primers. It's the perfect flat shape for patting in the products, without moving around my foundation/removing the product. 



The setting brush is my favourite brush for powder. This brush allows me to apply powder exactly where I want it, so that I can leave areas of my face dewy. It just fits perfectly under my eyes and around the nose, which are the most common areas for precision powdering. I have also used this brush for powder highlighting, as it is just the right size for the tops of the cheek bones. 



This brush is from the duo-fibre collection set. Duo-fibre brushes help you to not pick up as much product, which can help you to apply the right amount to the face. This brush is the duo-fibre contour brush. I love using this for contouring, as it doesn't pick up loads of product, fits well into the hollow of my cheeks and is still fluffy enough to blend out the edges for a natural contour. I haven't tried to use this brush any other way yet, but I imagine it would be good powder, blush and highlight too.



This is my favourite foundation brush from Real Techniques. Stippling brushes help to sheer out foundations when applying them, which is something I like. I tend to like a natural/light finish for my base, and this brush helps me to achieve that. It blends out foundation well to give a flawless base, without looking cakey/heavy. I have also used this brush for cream bronzers and blushes, as it blends them in to achieve a natual finish.



This brush is called the cheek brush, and it is from a limited edition set (not sure if it is still avaliable). Unlike the blush brush, this brush is smaller and is more dense. Thanks to the way the bristles have been cut, you can apply blush to the cheek precisely. I love using this for blush, both powder and cream. I am yet to use it for anything else, but I have seen people use it for foundation, which is something I would like to try out myself!



My final favourite brush is the duo-fibre face brush, from the duo-fibre set. I have another one of these brushes, which is from a limited edition set. I love using these brushes for applying powder all over the face and for bronzing up the face. As it is duo-fibre, it helps me to not apply loads of bronzer/powder, which can make you look cakey if you apply too much. This brush is just great for giving that flawless finish to the face.


Where you can buy Real Techniques brushes:

What are your favourite Real Techniques brushes?
What is your favourite brush brand?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments