Review - Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Palette

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Palette £39.50
An all matte palette, which blends beautifully, has to be a work of fiction, right? Wrong! 
I honestly believe this is the matte palette of most peoples dreams. Well, it certainly is mine!


The packaging is a beautiful sleek rose gold plastic, with a giant mirror on the inside. Like most Urban Decay palettes, there is no wasted space, and no horrible sponge applicator! The brush is dual-ended, cruelty-free and, honestly, a very good quality brush. As normal, Urban Decay have nailed-it with their packaging on this palette.


The palette includes 12 new shades; 11 that are matte and 1 that is demi-matte, which is meant to be used for highlighting. What I really like about this palette is that there is a great mix of warm and cool tones, giving you more choice than most palettes, which stick to one tone. The formula of the shadows is amazing, just like Urban Decay's other Naked palettes. The shadows are very high-quality, smooth, have great pigmentation and blend easily. Everything that you want from a matte palette. 


Personally, my favourite shades are Extra Bitter, Instinct and Lethal. 
Extra Bitter is the dream shade I have been wishing for!
Ever since I got this palette, it has become my number one palette to reach for. I don't think I have done a makeup look without using it, since I received it at Christmas (yes, this review is long overdue, haha!). I love wearing an all-matte look, so if you like wearing that style of eyeshadow, then this palette is a must. But it is also great for people who love a shimmery/glittery/sparkly eyeshadow look, as the mattes in this palette will help to give your look depth. 






Overall, I would 100% recommend this palette, especially if you are looking for an all-matte palette, as it has everything you would need, in one place. However, if you already have tons of matte eyeshadows, then this palette might not be a necessity for you. If you are new to makeup, then this palette is a great basic for your eyeshadow needs, as you can create some beautiful everyday looks with it, as well as some gorgeous evening looks. Honestly, I don't think there is a shade in this palette that I haven't used.


Have you guys tried this palette yet?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments