Review - NARS x Sarah Moon True Story Cheek & Lip Palette


Sarah Moon is one of my favourite photographers, so when I saw that Nars was collaborating with her, I knew I had to purchase at least one item. 
Sarah Moon's photography is almost paint-like, due to the movements and faded appearance. The romantic & dream-like atmosphere of her work, connects with this makeup collection, as it is full of rose & grey tones. These perfectly match with the photography that is on the packaging. 

The item I purchased from the Holiday 2016 collection, was the True Story Cheek & Lip palette, which contains a highlight shade, 3 blush shades & a velvet matte lip pencil.

NARS x Sarah Moon True Story Palette £39.00
The packaging of the palette is so beautiful. The box had the same image as the actual palette, which is a nice added touch. The palette is very sturdy & well-made, which is expected from a high-end brand. Inside, you get a large mirror, a highlighter, 3 blushes & a velvet matte lip pencil. I love the idea of having a lip product inside a palette, as it makes it great for travel. 



In each of the pans, you get a decent amount of product. The first shade is an oyster toned shade, which to me is more of a highlighter, than a blush. It's a nice highlighter, but is quite subtle. Personally, I prefer a stronger highlight, but I can see this working on pale girls who like a subtle glow. Actually, I would say that most of these blushes would only work on pale girls, as they are quite pale colours, but the last shade would look great on many skin tones. The two shades in the centre, are matte and blend beautifully on the skin. I like wearing these two layered together, for the draping effect on my cheeks. My favourite blush out of the palette is the final one, as it is very similar to my favourite Nars blush, Orgasm. Overall, the pigmentation of these powders is great and they look beautiful on the skin.  

Blushes L-R : Devotee, Myth, Unwritten, Outlaw
Velvet Matte Lip Pencil : Mysterious Red



The Velvet Matte Lip pencil is in the shade Mysterious Red, which is a beautiful matte red lipstick, that is quite neutral, with a hint of blue undertone. This is the first velvet matte lip pencil from Nars that I have ever tried, and I can see why tons of bloggers rave about them. The consistency is smooth, it doesn't dry out the lips and is long-lasting, even when eating/drinking. I love this pencil so much, that I really want to try other shades. Leave me recommendations in the comments, of your favourite shades. 


Overall, I love this palette. I think the quality is amazing, the packaging is stunning and it is great for travel. I would 100% recommend this palette, especially to pale girls. But I would buy it quick, as it is a limited edition palette.

Have you tried anything from the Sarah Moon x Nars collection?
What is your favourite Nars product?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments