Review - Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Birkin Brown

Matte Revolution Lipstick in Birkin Brown £23.00
To me, Charlotte Tilbury can't do anything wrong, when it comes to her makeup range. I have fallen in love with the few products that I have tried, and I would love to try more from the brand.
Today, I am reviewing one of her Matte Revolution Lipsticks, in the shade Birkin Brown.
Birkin Brown is in homage Jane Birkin, the English actress/singer and muse behind the Hermes Birkin bag. Jane Birkin is a style icon, and the soft chocolate shade of this lipstick captures the essence of her beauty. 


My first thoughts on this lipstick is how elegant the packaging is. The gold/rose-gold tube is beautiful and has a vintage feel about it, which would look beautiful on display, on a dressing table or vanity. The actual bullet is a very unique square shape, which is better for application than a traditional lipstick bullet shape. The square tip makes it so much easier to be precise, especially on the corners of your mouth. 



The formula is so different to any other matte lipstick I own. The formula is hydrating and creamy, but still gives a matte appearance. The texture is so velvety smooth and very forgiving, even if your lips haven't been prepped for matte lipstick. On me, it's very comfortable and lasts for at least 6 hours, with me eating/drinking. The shade is a chocolate brown colour, that is semi-opaque, but can be built up to a full opaque lip. 


Overall, I can't fault this lipstick. It's a perfect brown shade, that doesn't dry out the lips, and is in beautiful packaging. I honestly will repurchase this, and I really want to buy some of the other shade from the Matte Revolution collection, especially a red shade. I 100% recommend this shade to people who want to try the matte brown lipstick trend, but don't normally like the feel of matte lipsticks. These matte lipsticks are completely different, in a good way, to anything I have ever tried before.


What is your favourite Charlotte Tilbury product?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments