Review - L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation in Porcelain

L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation £14.99 Boots
Over the past year or so, cushion foundations have been appearing from many different brands, after the Asian ones were hyped up by bloggers. I can see why they were hyped up; they are perfect for on-the-go touch ups, perfect size for travel and they come in super cute packaging. 
I knew it wasn't going to take long for popular makeup brands to start creating these, and I was super excited to try one! When I saw this one by L'Oreal in my local Boots store, I knew I had to buy and test it out! 


I picked up the lightest shade available, which is Porcelain, as I am very pale. There are 7 shades to choose from, which isn't a massive range to choose from, so you might have a bit of trouble finding the right shade. I would say that Porcelain is light but not really light enough for most pale girls out there. I can make it work if I blend down the neck well, and use a lighter concealer to highlight & balance out my face. So just a warning to the pale girls out there; I would swatch it first to see how it matches to you. However, they are more yellow toned when swatched on the arm/hand, than when they are on your face. 


Coverage-wise, it actually gave me more than I thought it would. I would say that it is a light to medium coverage, as you can build it up easily in the places you need more coverage. To start off with, I tried to use the sponge applicator it came with, but I am just not a fan of applying foundation like that. Instead, I use either my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge or Buffing Brush with this foundation. It gives me an even base and the yellow tone actually helps to minimise the redness on my face. I have dry skin, and I found that this gave me a glowy yet semi matte appearance, which I would personally call a satin finish. It also didn't show off any of my dryness or flaky skin, like some foundations do.


The packaging is really cute, with a purple metallic case, that is plastic, but it does feel quite sturdy. The mirror is quite a good size, especially if you wanted to use it on-the-go for touch ups. The only thing that lets it down for me is that you can't see how much product there is, so you wouldn't be able to see when you were running out. I do think that you probably don't get as much product in this compact, than if you were using a bottled foundation, which means that you will probably run out faster.


Overall, I really like this foundation. It gave me a natural finish, with the right amount of coverage for me, as I don't like a heavy coverage. I found that it wears quite well, and lasts well on my dry skin, but I'm not sure it would on oily skin. However, you are able to build it up and 'tap-tap' more product on, if it was fading off during the day. I would say for the price, it's a good foundation but I would maybe only purchase it when it is on offer, as it is a little more expensive than most drugstore/highstreet foundations. 
All-in-all, I like this foundation, and I would probably repurchase it at some point, but maybe not straight away. If you are lucky to find a decent colour match, I would 100% recommend trying this foundation out.

Have any of you tried this foundation?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments