Review - Essence Shading Powder Duo in 01 Light



As a pale girl, I am always on the look out for contouring products that aren't too orange or brown toned, as they can look awful on my skin. This shading duo from Essence caught my eye, whilst I was shopping in Wilkinsons, so I decided to pick it up. I mean, it was only £3.00!



This duo claims to be a matte bronzer for contouring and a yellow-toned, champagne shimmer shade, for highlighting. Personally, I don't think that the bronzer is matte, and even if it was, the shimmer from the highlighter is going to transfer into the bronzer. But that is always an issue with these types of products, where the bronzer/contour is next to the highlighter, and not in seperate pans.

Although it's not a matte bronzer. it's still not got a lot of shimmer running through it either. To me, it has a satin finish, which isn't great for contouring. The highlighter is nice, if you like a subtle highlight. Personally, I prefer to wear a highlighter that you can see from space. 

The pigmentation is great and it applies nicely on the skin, without going patchy. The colour of the bronzer is a little too warm for contouring, but I do think it is a nice bronzer for warming up the complexion. Personally, I prefer a grey-toned powder for contouring, like the NYX blush in Taupe.


Overall, I think this is an okay product. I doubt that I will be repurchasing this, when it hits pan, but I will still use it up. For my pale skin, I will be using the bronzer to warm up my complexion, instead of contouring, and I will wear the highlight on my more 'natural' days, when I don't want a strong highlight. I might even try the powders out as eyeshadow.
Unfortunatly, this isn't a great contouring/highlighting duo, but it can still be worked with. I think there are better contouring products out there, from the highstreet, and there are definitely better products from Essence, than this.

Have you guys tried this product yet?
What is your favourite Essence product?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments