Review - Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette #BEDA



Unless you have been living under a rock these past few weeks, then you know that there has been a new addition to the Naked palette family. I couldn't stop myself from buying it, as I love wearing a smoky eye, which is clearly as good enough reason to spend money! 



This Naked palette contains 12 shades, that are perfect for creating a sultry smoky eye, with both matte and satin finishes. The palette has nine never-before-seen shades and three exclusives, ranging from bronzes to browns, greys to blacks. With the palette, you get a double-ended brush and a detailed lookbook, which help you create a smoky eye look. However, I am a bit disappointed that you don't get the normal eye primer samples, which you get with the other Naked palettes, as they are always useful. 



For once, I am in love with the packaging of a Naked palette! This plastic case with the magnetic fastening, is so much better than the metal or felt packaging! It is just easier to keep clean and I imagine it would be better for travelling. I love the smoke print on the packaging too. I think it suits the theme of the palette well. Also, you get a really large mirror, which is always a good thing in an eyeshadow palette.
The brush is perfect for helping you to create a smoky eye. One end is a smudger, which is great for smokying out under the lower lashline, and the other end is a tapered crease brush, which is great for blending in the crease. I really like the brushes you get with the Naked palettes, as they are great quality, and really anything is better than sponge applicators!

[L-R]
High / Dirtysweet / Radar / Armor / Slanted / Dagger / Black Market / Smoulder / Password / Whiskey / Combust / Thirteen
As normal with Urban Decay eyeshadows, the pigmentation is great and there is a little bit of fallout, but it's not a huge problem, just do your eyeshadow first, then your base. The pay-off is better with a eyeshadow primer, so keep that in mind when swatching this in store. By the way, I have to admit that the matte shades are some of the best matte shadows I have tried for a while.  
Colour-wise, I think this palette has a nice combination, so that you can do day & night smoky eyes. For me, I don't think there is a colour I wouldn't use in the palette. Personally, I am really looking forward to playing around with the grey/black tones, as that isn't a look I normally wear. 


Overall, I think this is a great palette for people who love a good smoky eye, or for someone who likes to wear the colours in this palette. Just remember to prime your lids first, and watch out for a little fall-out.

Have any of you tried this yet?
What's your favourite Naked palette?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments