Refreshing/dyeing my hair (Review: Fudge Paintbox Creative Conditioning Colour in Pink Moon)

Before & After
Disclaimer - I am not a professional hairdresser. Dyeing your hair at home can go wrong, and these colours will not be bright on all hair colours. If you don't feel confident, go to a salon, like I normally do. This was just a test, recommended by my hairdresser, so that I could keep my colour lasting longer between appointments. Please remember that results will vary based upon your hair tone, if you decided to try this. 
 
Well, this is something new for me. I have always had my hair professionally dyed, since I started dyeing it when I was 12. But, my hair has been fading a lot faster recently because of the sun, and my next hair appointment isn't until September. My hairdresser recommended this hairdye for me to do at home, to refresh the colour, whilst I am waiting for my next appointment. 
So, this is how I used it, plus a full review of the dye.


Product I used - Gloves, stain remover wipes, Hair Dye, Shampoo and Conditioner.
Latex gloves from Poundland
StainAWAY towelette from Poundland
Fudge PaintBox Creative Conditioning Colour in Pink Moon 
(I purchased from my hairdressers for £9.20/Fudge website £6.86 at the moment)

Before
As you can see, my pink hair was fading quite a bit, and was starting to look orange-pink at the ends. Going with the instructions on the bottle, I shampooed my hair first and then towel dried it. I then seperated my green fringe from the rest of my hair with a bobble, so that I didn't add pink dye to it. 


The dye itself is quite a jelly like formula, which is easy to blend through the hair using your fingers and/or a comb. However, I wasn't a massive fan of the scent. I normally love the smell of hairdye, especially the hairdye used at my hairdressers, but this one didn't smell great to me. But that could just be me. These dyes come in a wide-range of bright colours, so if you are into experimenting with colour at home, give them a go.


Using my hands and fingers (that are covered with gloves), I distributed the product through the mid-lengths and ends of my hair, which are the most sun-damaged/faded. I left that on for 20 mins. 
On the packaging it says to leave it on for 15-30 mins. 


After the 20mins, I placed the rest of the dye into the roots of my hair. I wanted to freshen up the colour overall, but the pink was still quite dark here on the roots, so I gave the lengths longer to dye compared to the lengths. I left this for another 10 mins.  

Not naked, just in a towel.
I washed the dye out using warm water, until it ran clear-ish, and then conditioned. I used a more intense conditioner/mask, as I wanted my dyed hair to feel more nourished. I then blowdried it and straightened it. Finally, I removed any hairdye from around my face, neck etc, that I may have accidentally got there. 



Overall, I am really happy with the results. It's obviously not a super-intense pink, like when it has been done at my hairdressers, but it has added the pink colour back into my hair. I feel that my hair colour looks more even too now, instead of looking slightly ombre pink-to-orange (even though I do love a bit of ombre!). For an inbetween salon pick-me-up, I think this is a great product. I will be repurchasing again for when I go back to university, so that my colour will last longer, inbetween my trips home. It's super easy to use and cheaper than a salon dye.

Have any of you guys tried the Fudge Paintbox dyes?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments