Beauty Monday - My Top Five: Summer nail polishes


Today's post in all about my current top five nail polishes for summer. Now, these are from my own collection and are the top 5 polishes I am currently reaching for. I always like the idea of painting my nails but doing such a 'hands on' university course, I can't really paint my finger nails during term time. So when summer comes around, I fall back in love with painting my nails. Well, I say my nails but I wear fake nails as mine don't really grow anymore. Too many years of biting my nails have led them to not grow very fast. 
Right now, I am letting my finger nails have a rest from polish (and fake nails) but I have the blue shade in my top 5, on my toes. 



My top 5 choices :

£2.99 from Boots

Peach Melba is such a gorgeous, peachy nude colour. I really like wearing this colour when I don't want to wear anything bright. As I am really pale, I don't like wearing really pale pastel/nude colours, but this shade has the right amount of colour in it for me. You do need a good 2/3 coats on with this colour, as it can be slightly thin after 1. 

£2.99 from Boots

Tangerine is an amazing orange colour which brightens up any outfit. Again, it does need 2/3 coats but looks great with that amount. It doesn't take long to dry and isn't streaky. For me, I love wearing this on my toes as it looks sooooo good peeking out from sandals/open-toe shoes. A fun polish for the summer. 

£7.00 [sometimes on offer for £3.50] from AVON

Lavender sky is an amazing polish. I couldn't believe the opaque-ness from just one coat! The gel finish from AVON, for me, even out performs the Barry M Gel ones (which I still love!). This is the most perfect pastel purple shade for my girlier days and it doesn't chip! I have had this on before and it lasted 4 days. 

£6.00 [sometimes on offer for £3.00] AVON

Sea breeze is a stunning mint green nail polish, which is a staple summer colour. I am a huge fan of AVON nail polishes and this one ticks all the boxes again. It only takes 2/3 coats for a streak-free, opaque nail. In the past, it has lasted 4 days without a single chip.

£1.79 from Superdrug

My current toe nail polish colour is this one! Water Street Blue is a beautiful bright blue that shines in the sunshine. It lasts 3-4 days before chipping and is a quick dry polish. It does need 2/3 coats but that helps it to last. Super cheap for such a great polish. 


That is my top 5 summer nail polishes.
What's in your top 5? 

Bye
xxx

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm still yet to try the Avon Gel finish, I've resisted the urge since they launched, but the Lavender Sky looks gorgeous! I'm definitely more of a Coral girl at the moment, there's something about incoming Summer that makes me lust after it, plus it still looks great when my red hair fades to the ineveitable candy floss pink thanks to Mr Sun :oD

    Amie | Hellbentforlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them. I know I want to try more colours from the range. I know how you feel about hair colours fading in the sun. Mine currently is dark dusty pink & dark brown, instead of vibrant pink/red & dark purple! I think I might have to dye my hair soon! :) x

      Delete