Halloween 2013- Costume/make up ideas #1 - Lichtenstein/Pop Art/Cartoon

I thought that I would jump on the blogger band-wagon of showing you different Halloween costume/make up ideas, since it is that spooky time of year again. Sorry in advance if it looks shit, I am not a make up artist or even claim to be! I just thought that I would give it a go. 

The first costume is a Lichtenstein/Pop Art/ Cartoon inspired look.
I used this video by Emma Pickles as inspiration to create my make up look. I used cheaper products and a different coloured eye-shadow in my look, but I feel that it still gave the same effect. 
















Products I used:
- Red face paint stick from a Poundland face paint pack
- My normal foundation (use your regular foundation)
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder 
- The Body Shop Liquid Eye Liner (Black)
- Henry Holland Liquid Eye Liner (Black)
- Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang
- Avon Colortrend white eye liner pencil
- Dainty Doll eyeshadow in Kingston Town
- Collection Does it all waterproof mascara (Black)

I basically followed Emma Pickles instructions but used different products. I would of loved to have put fake eyelashes on too, but I had none that would of suited the look. Also, I think that I would use a setting spray, as I am not sure that the Poundland face paint would last all night at a party/club. If I was wearing this to a party/club, I would also do the ears and neckline/chest/arms/legs, basically any where that is left bare, and I would spray my hair blonde.

Now I am going to show you a variety of clothing items that would suit this look.

I would say for this look, wearing spots/bright colours is what works best. You want something that looks pop arty and cartoon-like, so clashing colours and spots works best.


ASOS £36.00 (SALE - WAS £60.00)

SCHUH £55.00

SCHUH £65.00

New Look £19.99

New Look £27.00

Debenhams £24.00

Topshop £20.00

Topshop £15.00 (SALE - WAS £30.00)

Natural schuh sweetheart patent heel
SCHUH £14.99 (SALE - WAS £48.00)

All I can say is have fun with this look. It is bright, mad and very cartoon like, but can be simple to achieve, if you have a lot of patience! Anything goes with the clothes items as long as they look pop arty. Personally, I would wear the lime green skirt, pink vest top, nude shoes and the spotted clutch bag, that I chose above. You could also think about doing cartoon nails (also browse around for tutorials) -

Hope you enjoyed my first Halloween post. I will be doing others so keep a look out for them!
Bye
xxx

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. LOVE this! So original, such a great idea :)
    www.kathjam.blogspot.com
    KJ xo

    ReplyDelete