Review - Avon Make up bargain bag (5 products)

So today is the final day of my 2 weeks review-a-day project! It's a big review today of FIVE PRODUCTS! So let's get on with it!


Ultra colour rich lipstick in pink pop on my lips.



Other four products being used in today's makeup look.

Glimmerstick liqui-glide in Bronze
Colour:
Bronze
Packaging:
Small plastic packaging with a pull off lid. Product twists out.
Pros:
  • Blends well
  • Good protective packaging
  • Pigmented
  • Gorgeous colour
Cons:
  • Hard to work with
  • Extremely soft so it moves easily whilst applying
Final thoughts:
I wasn't pleased with this product. Even though it is highly pigmented and a workable colour for many looks, it is just too watery and it moves too easily whilst trying to apply it on the lid. I had to blend it over the lid instead of using it as a liner. A product that I wouldn't of purchased when it was in the catalogue. Only product from this bargain bag that I don't enjoy using. 


Super Enchant mascara in black
Colour:
Black
Packaging:
Black plastic tube. Bristle brush in a 8 shape. Silver writing on the tube.
Pros:
  • Easy to use
  • Doesn't smudge
  • Unique wand which gets all the lashes
  • Gives a little bit of curl, volume and length
  • Not overly dramatic lashes, which is perfect for natural looks
Cons:
  • Not available to purchase anymore
  • Hard to use on the bottom lashes due to the wand
Final thoughts:
I didn't think I would get a mascara in this bargain bag but I am very happy that I did! This mascara is great for everyday looks as it doesn't make your lashes look too dramatic. The wand is unique to me and gets all the lashes easily. It's harder to use on the lower lashes but with a bit of practise, it does work. I just wish that I could buy this again! Such a downfall of buying the bargain bag, you might not be able to buy the products you get! 


Ultra colour rich lipstick in Pink pop.
Tagline:
Colour magnifiers boost colour!
Price:
£8.50
Colour:
Pink Pop
Packaging:
Protective pull top lipstick case. Black and silver.
Pros:
  • Sheer colour not overly strong, more of a lip tint which I quite liked
  • Moisturising on the lips
  • Doesn't wear off easy
  • Has a slight shimmer
  • Perfect summer everyday colour
  • Glad that you can still buy this
  • Soft and easy to apply
Cons:
  • Colour did not match colour on the bullet
Final thoughts:
Really liked this lipstick. I probably wouldn't of purchased it myself but I am glad that I received it in my bargain bag. It's a gorgeous pink shine/tint lipstick. Some people would be annoyed if they expected it to look like the colour in the bullet. But since I was of an open mind, I quite liked it. It's super soft, easy to apply and moisturising. I think that I will be purchasing it again.

Glazewear lipstick in Nectar
Colour:
Nectar
Packaging:
Small gold metal tube. Pull off lid and twist to reveal product. 
Pros:
  • Sheer orange glaze colour
  • Moisturising
  • Gorgeous colour for everyday
  • Shiny
  • Easy to apply
  • Soft
Cons:
  • Casing can get easily scratched
  • Can't repurchase
Final thoughts:
I also really liked this lipstick. Again, I probably wouldn't of purchased it but I am glad that I received it in my bargain bag. It works well with brown eyeshadows and bronzed looks as it has a orange/bronze tint to it. Super soft to apply and lasts a long time. Super moisturising and I wish that I could purchase this! Damn you bargain bag! 

Colortrend kajalstick in dark bronze
Tagline:
Lines and defines without tugging or pulling. Won't smudge or budge!
Price:
£1.50
Colour:
Dark Bronze
Packaging:
Plastic lid on an extremely long pencil.
Pros:
  • Lines well
  • Doesn't smudge
  • Soft pencil but not as soft as the glimmersticks/supershock pencils
  • Nice colour for natural/brown eyeshadow looks
  • Blends well
Cons:
  • Really long pencil which is hard to carry around in a makeup bag
  • Have to reapply every 4 hours or so
  • Can't buy this colour anymore but you can still buy the product
Final thoughts:
I like these pencils. They are alright for the cheap price and are on offer quite often for 99p. It's a nice colour and is great for the waterlines and for the lid. Blends well and isn't too hard. Doesn't smudge unless you use force i.e blending. The pencil is extremely long but that means that it does last a long time. Hard to carry around due to the length and you have to reapply it. I don't think I would be repurchasing it even if I was able to. I might try a different colour though.

Final thoughts of the bargain bag:
Buying this bag of products was fun! I had no idea what was going to turn up but I was very happy with most of my products. It was only £8 for all 5 products which is a definite bargain! Only problem is that you get products that aren't available to purchase anymore, so don't get too attached to a product you might receive! I think that I will be purchasing one of these again. 

Has anyone else tried these products/bargain bag? 
Have you guys enjoyed my review a day project? 

You May Also Like

0 comments