Review - MUA Blusher in Cupcake, MUA Blusher in Bubble Gum and MUA Mosaic Bronzer in Shade 1

Since Monday 24th and until Sunday 7th, I am doing a review a day. Today, 28th June, I am review my MUA bronzer and two MUA blushers.




Tagline:
A fusion of colours for a bronzed and sun-kissed look.
Price:
£2.50
Colour:
Natural Glow
Packaging:
Simple packaging. Plastic casing with black and silver writing. Found that my case won't close anymore though. Not durable.
Pros:
  • Suitable for all skin colours
  • Great for colour and contouring
  • Not orange like most bronzers
  • Beautiful mix of colours
  • Glowy but not shiny
  • Has a shimmer to it to highlight the face
  • Cheap price
Cons:
  • Packaging breaks easily 
  • The writing on the packaging is wearing off
  • Pigmentation is okay but not a high as the other MUA products I have but I don't really mind this



Final thoughts:
I never thought that I would find a perfect bronzer for me, as I am really pale, but I think I may have found it. It's a gorgeous golden shimmer without being orange. It is great for an all over face glow and for contouring. It is super cheap and doesn't come out heavy on the face. The only major downfall for me is the packaging, as mine has broken. But for the cheap price, I can't expect Dior-worthy packaging. I will be buying this again!





Tagline:
Latest shades in our amazing £1 line, 6 new shades. Just simply sweep across the apples of the cheek and up to the brow bone to create a soft yet beautiful contour. Gorge!
Price:
£1 each
Colour:
Cupcake and Bubble Gum
Packaging:
Simple rectangular packaging. Nothing extravagant about it. Plastic and durable.

Pros (cupcake):
  • beautiful brown toned dusky pink
  • Matte with no hint of shimmer
  • Cheap
  • Soft 
  • Highly pigmented
Cons (cupcake):
  • Extremely powdery when you are getting the product onto your brush 
  • Packaging can be a little fiddly to get into

Pros (Bubble Gum):
  • Bright pink/coral colour - perfect for a girlie summer look
  • Matte with no hint of shimmer
  • Cheap
  • Soft 
  • Highly pigmented
Cons (cupcake):
  • Extremely powdery when you are getting the product onto your brush 
  • Packaging can be a little fiddly to get into
  • Can be super bright so you have to apply this with a light hand or shake a lot to rid of excess




Final thoughts:
For me, I prefer Cupcake to Bubble Gum as I prefer a toned down cheek for most of my makeup looks. I would only wear Bubble Gum if I was doing a girlie summer look which needed a barbie pink blush. I love the super cheap price of these for such a high pigmentation quality. Only major downfall is that you are left with lots of loose powder after you have ran your brush through the product. This equals a messy case and makeup bag! I will definitely be buying these again along with some of the others from this Summer 2013 collection. 



Anyone else tried these products? Any MUA recommendations? 

You May Also Like

0 comments