Review - Barry M Basecoat/Topcoat/Hardener, 318 nail paint & GNP2 Gelly Hi-shine nail paint.

For the next two weeks, Monday 24th to Sunday 8th, I will be doing a review a day. Today's is a 3-in-1 review as I am review three nail polishes by Barry M. I purchased these together when the 3 for 2 offer was on in Superdrug. I purchased the Nail basecoat/topcoat/hardener, nail paint in Peach Melba and Gelly Hi-shine nail paint in Blackberry. 


Barry M nail paint in Peach Melba.
Tagline:
Covering the whole colour spectrum, these award-winning nail paints are in a quick-drying. long-lasting base suitable for natural and acrylic nails.  
Price:
£2.99
Colour:
Peach Melba
Packaging:
Normal Barry M packaging. Strong protective bottle with a screw top lid. Brush is narrow and dense which helps keep an even finish when painting it on.


Pros:
  • Summer colour
  • Easy to apply
  • It dries quickly between coats
  • Vibrant peach colour instead of a pastel peach
  • Nail paints can last a few days without chipping especially with a topcoat
  • Glossy so doesn't need a topcoat, unless you feel that you might want one
Cons:
  • It may dry quickly between coats, but that's because it is thin when applied
  • You would need 3-4 layers for a even, thick finish
Final thoughts:
Great colour for the spring/summer without it being the typical pastel colour. Quick drying and perfect for all skin tones, but would look amazing next to tanned hands. I am not really someone who like light coloured nail polishes but this one has impressed me. I will definitely be wearing this any chance I get.

Barry M Basecoat, Topcoat and nail hardener
Tagline:
All in one basecoat, topcoat and nail hardener. Formulated to meet the needs of busy fingers, this nail paint leaves a high shine glossy finish. Perfect for using with our whole range of nail paints to protect and look after your nails.  
Price:
£2.99
Colour:
Clear
Packaging:
Normal Barry M packaging. Strong protective bottle with a screw top lid. Brush is narrow and dense which helps keep an even finish when painting it on.
Pros:
  • Adds a nice shine
  • Makes my polish last a few extra days
  • Good as a basecoat as it stops nail polishes from staining my nails
Cons:
  • Alright nail hardener but I still use a better one. Just use this as a basecoat/topcoat. 
  • Helps nail polish to peel of in one strip if you tend to pick at your nails, which can be addictive
Final thoughts:
Personally, I really like this product. It does exactly what it says it's supposed to do. I use it more as a topcoat and basecoat as I have a favourite nail hardener already. However, I take only this with me if I am travelling, as it saves space and is a fairly good hardener.


Barry M Gelly Hi-shine nail paint in Blackberry
Tagline:
Hi shine Gel effect nail paint provides an extra glossy finish. 
Price:
£3.99
Colour:
Blackberry
Packaging:
Normal Barry M packaging. Strong protective bottle with a screw top lid. Brush is narrow and dense which helps keep an even finish when painting it on.
Pros:
  • Gorgeous extra glossy finish
  • Wouldn't need a topcoat for shine, just for protection
  • Easy to apply due to the brush
  • Only needs two coats
  • Dries quickly like the nail paints
  • Nice dark colour
Cons:
  • Limited colour range but that is only due to it being a new range.
Final thoughts:
This is my favourite of the three products I have reviewed in today's post. I love the dark shade as it would be nice on a night out. The hi gloss finish is something I love to have. My nails look like they have been done in a salon due to the high shine. I literally love everything about this product and I will be buying more of these Gel effect polishes, even the pastel colours! 



What Barry M products have you tried recently?

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi, You mention in the post above that you already have a favourite nail hardener, what is it please?

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, this post was written a while ago now, but I think it was an OPI nail hardener. I can remember it being fairly expensive for a nail hardener, but worked really well. I have my nails done at a salon now, so its been a while since I've bought any nail products. Hope this helps :)

      Delete