Review - Avon Colortrend eyeshadow duos, Kiss me under the stars & Champagne Wishes

From 24th to 7th, I am doing a review a day. Today's are two Avon colortrend eyeshadow duos, in the colours 'Kiss me under the stars' and 'Champagne wishes'. 





Tagline:
Create a colour crush with silky smooth intense shades of easy to blend eyeshadow. 
Price:
£4.50 each. I got them while they were on a two for £4 offer. 
Colour:
Kiss me under the stars - Black/white shimmer. 
Champagne wishes - Cream/Brown shimmer. 
Both colour duos have been discontinued.
Packaging:
Simple plastic casing with cute logo on top. Some of the writing has started to disappear. 
























Pros:
  • Colours were true to pot
  • Loved the shimmer in both duos
  • Great using the duos on their own and together (both duos)
  • Packaging is sturdy and protects the shadows
  • Blend well 
  • Colour lasts a long time
Cons:
  • Colours were true to pot but lighter colours were less intense for me
  • Writing is starting to rub away off the top
  • The writing/logo is aimed at young teenagers so feels a little childish to me
  • Colour may last a long time but can crease without a primer

Final thoughts:
I like these eyeshadows but I am not sure if I would purchase them again. I feel that they are nice when applied and last quite awhile, but I prefer my MUA Undress me too palette, which has similar colours in it. The only one of the two I would consider buying again would be the champagne wishes one. However, both have been discontinued and replaced with Chocolate Kiss and Glamour ice, if I decided to rebuy. I also feel that the product looks like it is made for a 14/15 year old rather than a 19 year old. I think that I might stick to other brands or try different Avon eyeshadows, not from the colortrend range. 

Have you tried these products or similar ones? Any recommendations? 

You May Also Like

0 comments